Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Festive season

This Christmas holiday feels like the longest one in the last five years :) We're in Cambridge for the first time and all we do at home is stuffing our face with food and watching telly, dvds, and catch ups! We went out for the first time in god knows how many days today and found it challenging to walk, even our legs are stiff. "Here comes a new year resolution" I catch myself thinking: more exercise, less junk food (I know it sounds impossible) Looking back on last year's anti-resolution list of mine, I managed to stick to 8 items on that list - out of 10! hooray! The ones I couldn't keep are:

Anti-resolution number 1. NO GYMS WHATSOEVER: I joined a gym (for a month)
Anti-resolution number 2.DON'T STAY AWAY FROM JUNK FOOD: I avoided junk food (for a month or two tops)
With the other eight, I was stubborn enough to keep the same. I'm not proud at all :)


Here are some of the cards I received from friends for Christmas, and Nina's Christmas present: a mug "3 good reasons to work for EF - Christmas party, Holidays and Diana" written on it, love it!! :)



I didn't make any Christmas cards this year - a hectic last week at work-, but still wanted to make sth special, so I made this "upset" tree:



And this other rather festive spotty tree:



For us, December has been fun, full of events from the start to the finish (thanks Aylin, thanks Ozgur!) but a part of me is in Turkey now wishing I could be there.

And I start my PhD in a month! That's a shocker for me, still!
More news coming your way soon.


Now it's time to go watch some more Christmas telly :)
Good night bloggy.


2 comments: