Friday, 3 September 2010

London called and so we went - 1

I sometimes feel myself so lucky London's just an hour drive from our place! Compared to our lovely but rather small town centre with all the shops closing sharply at 17.30, one needs a place to escape to, especially at the weekends. So that's what we often do, get up in the morning, don't know what to do, then all of a sudden decide to go to London and come up with a plan on our way.

One of the places we've lately been to is Absolut Ice Bar. It's a small bar made of ice, tables, bar, walls, everything. Even the glass you drink your absolut cocktail is an ice cube. I heard there is another one in Istanbul but don't know where. They give you a thermal cape before you go in, so you don't freeze in -5C :) This is how I look in a cape freezing anyway:



We got our picture taken by a photographer there but I'm too lazy to scan it now!
And this is what Oguz looks like in a cape, holding onto his ice glass tightly:

1 comment:

  1. This looks fun!! You guys are so much better at using the near cam-london distance to your advantage than us! We are just toooo lazy most of the times. Do you go by car? or the train? where do you park your car?
    I want to go to the ice bar!!

    ReplyDelete