Monday, 13 September 2010

Pickled red peppers

Trying to focus on writing my dissertation, I found myself in the kitchen cooking and making all sorts of food that I had never tried before :) It took my mind off the stress I was having but of course didn't help with the pages waiting to be written.

This recipe is from a Turkish website but I cannot remember the address!!
I will write the recipe as far as I remember.

The first thing you need is two fat red peppers to be grilled or roasted. I don't have a proper grill so I put them in the oven for about 45 minutes until very soft (Gas mark 6). Once they were watery and a little bit sticky, I took them out the oven, then peeled and unseeded them with a spoon.



Then I chopped them into squares, not very small ones. Added parsley, chopped garlic and put all in a jar. In another bowl,  I mixed red wine vinegar , lemon juice, sea salt flakes and strirred until the flakes disappeared. Poured this mixture into the jar, gave it a good stir and closed its lid very tightly.


Keep in it your fridge for a couple of days without releasing the lid. Be patient:)
It's such an easy recipe but tastes great when it's ready to eat. We had it with salmon, sun dried tomatoes, pickled aubergines+feta (handmade by me, recipe coming soon) and raki the other day.
Will definitely make it again soon.

1 comment:

  1. sounds and definately looks yummy yummy!!!!
    You've gotta let me try it some time.
    Can't wait to see u 2mw. x

    ReplyDelete